Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fake Uh-huhs...

Well - he's on to me. Spencer has figured out that I am not always 100% tuned in to what he is saying. I try - I really do. But this child never stops talking. Like most moms I sometimes I just say "uh-huh" or "yeah" every now and then when he pauses. But now almost every time, he stops and says "that was a fake uh-huh" or "that was a fake yeah". He is 5 years old and is actually calling me on the fact that I am not attentive to every little word that comes out of his mouth. I guess I had a good run. He didn't start talking until he was 2 - so that was three years of having just a little wiggle room to actually concentrate on something besides the constant stream of thought that has no shut off valve before it comes spewing out of his mouth. Oh well, right now most of it is about Star Wars and I really do love Star Wars. My apologies to his brother and sister. My attempts to pay attention to them may have to put off until Spencer is off at college.

No comments: