I came across a reference to a chore chart when reading a friend of a friend's blog. (Actually they are not really friends, but my friend has mistakenly been receiving their Christmas cards for years now. Kind of a funny story that is probably Post worthy on its own.) Anyway, I clicked on the link and found something that could revolutionize the cleaning process in my home.
You see, cleaning is not my thing. I do it when I have to - particularly when I know someone is coming to my house. Other times, I do enough to get by. I don't expect to ever feel completely on top of it, after all houses - especially those with small children - just keep getting dirty. That fact alone is discouraging enough to keep me from accomplishing much.
But the Motivated Moms Chore Chart has given me a glimmer of hope. It comes in several different formats but basically has a list of daily chores as well as a few additional tasks for each day. Most are pieces of larger jobs that can sometimes be rather overwhelming. For example, one of today's tasks is to clean the toilets - not the entire bathroom. (Thanks to Bruce for taking that bullet for me. Frankly, I think that if men were responsible for cleaning toilets, toilets would be a lot less messy in the first place.)
So if you are an anxiety prone, cleaning-challenged mom like me, the Motivated Mom system might be worth checking out. (It costs $8 to download the 2009 chart.) I may not get everything done everyday, but a little direction can go a long way for me.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment