Bruce's BBQ Pork Quesadillas
Leftover BBQ pork (recipe below)
Shredded cheese (we used cheddar)
Corn (we used frozen white corn)
Black beans
Flour tortillas
Butter
Butter your tortillas. Pile on other ingredients as desired. Grill until golden.
BBQ Pork
This is one of my favorite recipes because it is so easy and versatile and it makes a ton.
3lb boneless pork roast - trim as much fat as possible (you can use a beef roast if you prefer)
1 envelope onion soup mix
20ish oz Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce (I suppose you could use another brand but personally I don't think it would be as good and Ray's is actually a really good deal if you buy it at Costco.)
Put roast in a slow-cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix and then cover with BBQ sauce. Cook on low for 10-12 hours until it shreds easily with a fork.
We also use the leftovers to make "pizzas" on pita bread. They are really good with cheese, garlic bread seasoning, and diced tomatoes. I have thought about doing a "Hot Pockets" kind of thing with the leftovers too, but haven't gotten around to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment