Monday, September 7, 2009

Gettting Into the Spirit of Labor Day

Here is a brief recap of Bruce's Labor Day weekend...
  • Took boys to a minor league baseball game.
  • Went to Home Depot, didn't find what he needed.
  • Went to Lowe's.
  • Bought a shed to store all of our bikes, bike trailers, and random other items.
  • Assembled the shed until midnight (only stopping when I convinced him that losing the drill's screwdriver bit was a sign that it was time to let it go for the night)
  • Fixed the leaking bathtub faucet (yep - same night)
  • Broke the shut off valve when turning the water back on after fixing the leaking bathtub faucet.
  • Got up every hour and a half to dump the bucket of flood waters from the broken shut off valve
  • Went to Home Depot, didn't find what he needed.
  • Went to Lowe's.
  • Ripped out some wall and cut away part of a 2x4 to get to the broken shut off valve.
  • Fixed the broken shut off valve.
  • Helped a neighbor with a computer crisis.
  • Put up half a dozen rain gutter bookshelves.
  • Finished assembling the shed.
  • Moved furniture out of Spencer's room.
  • Is currently ripping out the old molding in Spencer's room.

Since it is Labor Day, I just thought I would take a chance to say "Thank you, Bruce!" He is one of the hardest working people I know and I am very grateful for all he does for our family and many others.

(We are going to a friend's house for a BBQ tonight so Bruce will get some time to relax.)

2 comments:

Mariah :) said...

Wow. Quite the Labor Day weekend!

Merrimom said...

Oh man, what drama....hope you enjoyed the barbecue and really relaxed after all of that!