Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Spencer's Opus (An awesome word I don't get to use very often.)

Spencer entered his school's Reflections contest in the Musical Composition category and received an Honorable Mention. The theme was "Beauty is...". His composition is called "Spencer's 9th Symphony - Caves Ahead". He related his work to the theme by saying "This song makes me think of all the beautiful things in caves like stalagmites, stalactites, and all that sort of stuff." Although he wasn't too excited about having to go up in front of the whole school to receive his medal, he did not take that thing off all day long.

Click the play button to hear his song - it is about 2 minutes long. If it doesn't work through the embedded player, you can click here and download it or just press play on the Box.Net player.




And since this post is all about Spencer, I thought I would throw this in...Spencer finally (his word) lost his first tooth! He is one of the oldest kids in his class, but was the last to lose a tooth. Personally, I say keep those baby teeth as long as possible - less time for the permanent ones to get cavities - but he did not agree.

3 comments:

Foust Family said...

That's awesome! Congrats, Spencer! For some reason I can not get the music to play, though! I guess I will just have to hear it live! Yay for the tooth! Did the tooth fairy pay a visit?

Mariah :) said...

Wow, Spencer!

I couldn't get it to play last night, but it works this morning!

Rebecca said...

I'm so proud! I love how it starts with single notes, gets busy in the middle, and tapers out to single notes with the same theme again at the end. He did a great job!

Spencer is one of my most enthusiastic students! I'm so happy he does these kinds of things. And he wore his medal all through our lesson last week. Too cute.

Your blog is really cute too! Love it!