For the remodel, we went with a one piece fiberglass shower. Not exactly top end, but then again neither is the house. Bruce is usually meticulous in his preparations for any project. So when he informed me that something went wrong with his measurements and that the shower which had taken up a semi-permanent residence in our garage was not going to fit through the hallway and bedroom door, I was pretty surprised. (There were other emotions as well, but I won't go into that.) After a few days of mulling it over, Bruce decided that the bedroom window looked to be just about the right size through which to shove a shower. And it was"just about" the right size. There was some minor damage to the back of the shower and a piece of hopefully superfluous metal will never be going back into the window opening, but the operation was generally a success. After all, the shower now resides in our bedroom - only one doorway from its intended location. If all goes well (it won't), soon it will move into the actual bathroom and we will get to move back into our bedroom.
Fortunately, I was able to document this little adventure. Our friend Matt was kind enough to spend way too much of his day off helping Bruce. Thanks Matt (and Suzanne)! Here are the pictures...

2 comments:
Sounds like quite the project! I hope all goes well. Can't wait to see it completed!!!
Oh my goodness....I had to laugh a little bit. Good luck finishing it!
Post a Comment