Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Emergency Specific Food Storage
So if a picture is worth a thousand words, then does this picture give you any clue how my weekend went? Yeah, it wasn't pretty.
Anyway, as soon as I was feeling better, I decided that I needed to make a little corner of our food storage to be set aside for just those special items needed when our family is going through the dreaded tummy troubles. All your favorite "B.R.A.T." diet items and a few extras. You see, while my amazing hubby was able to work from home on Monday so I could have a day of recovery, he still had to work which meant being on the phone pretty much all day. So when I requested a simple cup of applesauce around noon it slipped his mind and he brought it after a rather pathetic reminder around 1pm. Really not complaining - he was very busy and was making sure the kids were fed and where they needed to be - and I am very grateful for that. But I thought that if we put all the supplies in a specific location, then next time maybe it will be easier to locate said applesauce. So my contribution to emergency preparedness for the month is to prepare for an emergency that unfortunately is almost guaranteed to occur on a fairly regular basis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment