For example, I didn't need to know that lurking underneath the ugly paneling in our guest room was something oh so much worse. It may be just me (Bruce thinks so), but does this room not bring to mind freaky clown/circus images? I can't believe I have been unwittingly living in a crazy clown house for almost 12 years. You think you know a house... Personally, I think the somewhat haphazard glue application ups the creepiness factor. But thank goodness for that. If the glue were not there, I don't think I would have prevailed in my argument to just get rid of the drywall and start over.Honestly, I can't say I am really surprised by our latest discovery of what lies beneath. Not much in our house was done with a lot of thought given to long term consequences - applying shower tiles directly to drywall, venting the downstairs bathroom into the ceiling as opposed to outside, shooting about a thousand nails - I am not exaggerating - into the master bedroom's hardwood floor to keep it from squeaking, and, of course, the copious amounts of contact paper substituted for wallpaper. I could go on. But, in an effort to keep myself from packing up and running as far away as possible from the crazy clown house, I will refrain.
No comments:
Post a Comment