Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring 2012 Piano Recital

The boys had their spring recital last night. Personally, I thought they were both amazing. As I was discussing with Bruce that it seemed like their best recital ever, I realized that maybe part of that was due to the fact that we opted to leave Emmarsyn at a friend's house and were therefore, actually able to enjoy the recital. Emmarsyn seems to have a keen sixth sense for situations that require her to sit quietly for more than about 2 minutes. When she gets her first whiff of said situations, she turns into a possessed child. She is usually on the floor, crying, insisting that she will not be quiet. I took her to a child-oriented symphony performance and about 10 minutes in she was doubled over telling me that "All this music is making me want to be dead." She managed to survive, but there was considerable writhing on the floor with the sheer horror of having to be still and quiet for 45 minutes.

Love her dearly, but to be able to just sit with Bruce and enjoy the recital was great. I think this is the new plan until Emmarsyn is actually taking lessons as well and participating in the recitals.

On to the boys. Like I said, I think they both did a fine job. Spencer was completely unflustered when his music closed during his second song and his teacher walked up to open it for him. I don't think he was using it anyway. He said that he wasn't even paying attention to what he was playing and was watching the inner workings of the piano instead. Speaking of the piano, it is a 9' Steinway Concert Grand. Apparently, the same piano is used at Carnegie Hall and other such venues. It costs more than we paid for our house. But not to worry, they have a payment plan.

Click below to view the boys' performances.

Spencer

Matthew

1 comment:

Mariah :) said...

They did a very nice job!

-Mariah