If you know me, you know that if I love a company or product or find a great deal, I will tell everyone. I am a long time Swiffer fanatic - the combo of a Swiffer Vacuum and a Swiffer Wet Jet changed my life, I sold 10 of my friends on an amazing deal at Gold's Gym, and I would recommend the Click N' Kids phonics program to anyone who has a child learning to read. That being said, I am pretty selective on my product endorsements (a fact surely lamented by a myriad of companies). However, in the world of digital scrapbooking, Digital Scrapbook Memories is a company that I can really get behind.
Please indulge a brief digression...
Back in the old days, when we walked to school in the snow - uphill both ways - and actually used paper products, paper cutters, and (I shudder to recall it) glue sticks to document our lives, I was always disappointed with the so called customer service grudgingly dolled out at those antiquated brick and mortar scrapbook stores. Sure they had "Crop Nights" when my friends and I could pay for the privilege of sitting in their store and buying their products. They would even let me pay for classes that would teach me to use more and more of their products that I would then buy. Anyone with a customer service background and a little marketing savvy would have seen a great opportunity to gain customers and revenue by offering free in store "cropping" and free classes to showcase new products.
Perhaps these practices have changed, but alas, I will never know. I have found a better world. A world that largely consists of my camera, my laptop, PSE 5, the Costco Photo Center, and some wonderful digital scrapbooking companies.
In my opinion, Digital Scrapbook Memories is the flagship company in the world of digital scrapbooking. Their marketing strategy is to impart to customers the knowledge and techniques requisite for success. They offer free live classes across the country as well as free virtual web based classes. Their website is chock full of useful tips, great forums, project ideas, and templates. There is a real sense of community in their forums and the veterans are amazingly supportive of us newcomers. This is a company that has my support and allegiance not just because of their great products, but because of the many methods they are using to build and maintain a customer base.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment