Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Google Calendar

Last week I made a little discovery that has really helped with my family's scheduling difficulties. Google Calendar - it is easy to use and perhaps even more important - easy to share. I spent an evening inputting all of my family's potential summertime activities - storytimes, concerts, movies, festivals, etc. My husband has also set up a Google Calendar with his scheduled conference calls and a other known obligations. The dates and times are there, the locations are there. Now here is the genius part - with just a couple of mouse clicks, we shared our calendars. A couple of clicks and all of our plans and appointments are visible to both of us. This could save a marriage (not that ours is in need of saving - at least not today). Husbands rejoice - these simple mouse clicks - and the small chore of actually remembering to check your wife's Google Calendar - can turn you into the most attentive, tuned in, and caring guy around. I guarantee that if Bruce calls after I have slogged my way through the Summer Movie Club and the Bookworm Story Time with my three preschoolers in tow and asks me how the kids enjoyed the Bee Movie and story time festivities - he will be well rewarded. Thanks Google - from both of us!

No comments: