If I had a "Bucket List", tonight I would be crossing off "See Billy Joel in concert." One of my first rock music memories - besides listening to Devo and Blondie on my brown transistor radio when I still lived in California (I would have been no more than 7, which makes me wonder what I was doing listening to Devo and Blondie on my brown transistor radio) - was watching the "Uptown Girl" video over and over on MTV. (Again, perhaps not the best use of my time. But, in my defense, I do not believe MTV was the same beast that it is today.)Anyway, tonight Bruce and I went to the Billy Joel/Elton John Face2Face concert. It was definitely worth the wait of nearly 30 years. And as a bonus, we got to see Elton John. "Face2Face" refers to the fact that to open and close the show these two piano geniuses sat facing each other at matching grand pianos that rose from the floor. I could probably go on and on about how amazing they sounded in person and how I would probably go see it again tomorrow if possible, but it is late and Bruce has already gone to bed - and when I am actually up later than Bruce, it means I am up way too late.
(Since we were too high up to get a decent photo from our camera phones, I found the above image here. It was posted by Todd. I saw no copyright info, so hopefully this link and credit covers it.)
1 comment:
Glad you were finally able to go! Andrea can't stop talking about it!!! She called me in the middle of the concert so I could hear some of it!
Post a Comment