Monday, February 22, 2010

Finally a Good Use for Conversation Hearts

I realize some people like them, but I have never been a fan. I actually can't stand them. Before I tossed them this year, I happened to see a blog post in which they were used for a sorting and graphing activity. So Matthew and Emmarsyn spent part of their "homework" time today doing pre-math activites with conversation hearts. They loved it, and since they do not share my disdain for them, they got to enjoy a few along the way.










Since Bruce was out of town today, here are a couple of more photos of our afternoon so he can see what has been going on here. Matthew was doing a new math workbook and Emmarsyn was working on some pre-writing skills. We have discovered Matthew has a bit of a math obsession. Recently, he had to have a mole removed from his arm. During the procedure and every time we change the bandage he begs us to give him math problems to distract him. He is getting pretty good at it.









And lest you think it is all work and no play at our house, here is Emmarsyn putting all of her Dora figures "in prison". This is why I try to keep them busy. As everyone knows, idleness can lead to some really bad things.

No comments: